Diana Sternfeld is a partner of Rouse Legal in London. She is a well-known patent litigator with particular expertise in biotechnology patents.
Ms Sternfeld is an active participant in the Bio Industry Association and assistant chair of its Intellectual Property Advisory Committee. She is an accredited mediator. She lectures regularly and has published articles on various aspects of patent law and disputes.
Ms Sternfeld specialises in the resolution of patent disputes and has an international practice in that area, working particularly in life sciences. As well as acting in patent litigation in all UK courts, she advises on international disputes and coordinates and assists with actions in other jurisdictions and patent offices.
• Medeva’s supplementary protection certificate applications  EWCA Civ 700 (childhood vaccines).
• GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals SA v Novartis AG  EWHC 1806 (Pat) (capsular bacterial polysaccharides for use in conjugate vaccines).
• Teva UK Limited v Merck & Co Inc (Patents Court) (treatment for glaucoma).
• Glaxo Group Ltd v Genentech Inc  EWCA Civ 23;  WLR (D) 21(monoclonal antibody for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis).
• Unilin Beheer BV v Berry Floor NV  EWCA Civ 364 (laminated floorboards).
• GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals SA v Sanofi Pasteur SA  EWHC 2333 (Pat) (streptococcus conjugate vaccines).
Ms Sternfeld is listed as a recommended individual in IAM Life Sciences 250 – The World’s Leading Life Sciences Litigators.